Tuesday 7 July 2009

Michael Owen joins Manchester United

Michael Owen joins Manchester United, the Red Devils confirm the signing of the striker, in the transfer markets biggest shock move this summer.

Michael Owen has completed the move that even a couple of days ago would have been laughable, it was a deal that on the face of it appeared too far fetched to be taken serious, he has signed a two year deal.

Michael Owen is clearly delighted at the sensational move as confirmed on United's official website, i had only just begun talks with other clubs' he stated, when Sir Alex called me on Wednesday afternoon and invited me to breakfast'.

He told me during the breakfast meeting that he wanted to sign me and I agreed without a moment's thought', this is such a fantastic opportunity and I intend to seize it with both hands'.

I'm looking forward to being a player with United', It's fortunate that so many of the players here, I already know', he finished by saying 'I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me' and I will repay his faith with my goals and performances'.

United manager Alex Ferguson stated 'Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record', coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something he will relish'.

Owen joins up with friends and former England colleagues Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney, as he looks to put himself back in the frame for an England place with the World Cup just a year away.

No comments:

Post a Comment