Tuesday 21 July 2009

Emmanuel Adebayor

Emmanuel Adebayor insists he's not at City for the money, the Togolese forward said his move north is based on football and not financial reasons.

Emmanuel Adebayor, who left Arsenal for Manchester City on Sunday for a reported £25 million, has asserted it wasn't the lucrative wage packet that prompted him to move clubs, "people who say I have joined City just for the money are wrong" he stated.

"If that had been my reason for moving then I would have been playing for Barcelona or Milan last season", on City's official website he insisted "They gave me bigger offers than Arsenal did for me to stay", "I'm impressed by the ambitions of the club and that's why I'm here".

"This club is aiming to be one of the biggest in the world and I want to be a part of that", the Togolese hit man feels that a glittering era is just around the corner for 'The Citizens' and can break into the lucrative Champions' League places this season, "We have everything we need here. Why can't we do that this year?".

He added that "Now is better than in two or three years", "the Chairman, in fact everyone at City want this club to be one of the best in the world", "we will all fight to achieve that. I want to win silverware and trophies. That is my ambition".

"The team has got a lot of quality throughout and has a manager who knows what he wants", "I want to show how I can help. everyone has shown me such great respect", "when you sign for a new club, you want to feel at home as quick as possible and I do. I am happy to be here", "the fans were just fantastic to me when I arrived".

No comments:

Post a Comment