Tuesday 28 July 2009

John Terry: Fully committed to Chelsea

The Blues captain John Terry reiterated his dedication to the Stamford Bridge team.

After beating Club America on Sunday evening in the World Football Challenge by a score of 2-0, he gave an interview that focused on both his and the team's future.

Despite releasing a statement before the game that declared his continuing loyalty to the team, the captain of both club and country felt it was important to reassure Chelsea fans that he was remaining at the club and that any offer from Manchester City would not have tempted him away from Stamford Bridge.

"Listen, from day one, when I received the phone call from Peter Kenyon when I was away on holiday and he told me that Man City had put in an offer for me, they said they didn't want to sell me and I didn't want to leave".

When he was asked by Sky Sports why he had taken this long to release a statement, he answered, "I wanted assurance that players such as Ashley Cole and Didier Drogba, who are in talks about their contracts right now as well Frank Lampard, will be staying with Chelsea".

The centre-back continued by saying he would like to stay with Chelsae until he hangs up his boots, "I've been at the club now for fourteen years and it's very strange because no team has ever put a bid in for me before".

He also stated that the fans at The Bridge played a major role in his decision to stay, "of course they play a massive part because I have a great relationship with them and hopefully it'll go on and on".

No comments:

Post a Comment